WSPCC 2014 – Fourth International Field Symposium
WEST SIBERIAN PEATLANDS AND CARBON CYCLE: PAST AND PRESENT August 4 - 17 2014 Novosibirsk, Russia.
The objectives of the Symposium is to exchange knowledge in the fields of biodiversity, peat accumulation and paludification, protection of the biodiversity and of biospheric functions of mires, ecological monitoring of mire ecosystems, the role of peatlands in the global carbon cycle, and evaluation of the anthropogenic activities on the functioning of mire ecosystems and furthermore on the introduction of the contemporary technologies of the wise use of natural resources, modeling of peat accumulation in the global climate change.
BASIC SCIENTIFIC DIRECTIONS OF THE SYMPOSIUM:
1. Paleo-ecology of mires.
2. Actual ecology and biodiversity.
3. Biogeochemistry of peat and bog water.
4. The role of mires in the global carbon cycle. Ecological modeling.
5. Spatial and temporal aspects of the dynamics of peat accumulating ecosystems.
6. Remote sensing of mire ecosystems and processes.
7. Protection of mires.
8. Advanced technology of wetland reclamation.
For the participation in the field Symposium and the Excursions it is necessary to send the following to the mail address email@example.com:
Before January 31, 2014
1. Send filled registration form to the mail address:
Before April 1, 2014
2. Submit your abstracts or papers according to the requirements of the symposium abstract book.