Introducing INTERACT: Watch our video on Youtube...
Outreach: our aims
INTERACT aims to inform and interact with the public, stakeholders and primary, secondary and tertiary students. In particular, we will work with people living in and around the Arctic. We aim to:
- Share current knowledge and future discoveries of the INTERACT partners in order to highlight the importance of the Arctic
- Alert people to environmental changes in and around the Arctic
- Influence attitudes towards Arctic environments and peoples’ behaviours
- Gather relevant information from stakeholders such as traditional/indigenous knowledge and through community monitoring programmes
- Work together with local people to contribute to local adaptation strategies to cope with the impacts of climate change in the Arctic.
Over the course of INTERACT we will develop a range of web-based material and run community-based projects. An initial survey of user needs suggested that providing resources such as photos and videos is a good place to start, so we have developed a photo gallery. We're now building an online Arctic glossary, resources relating to citizen science and you can follow INTERACT using the range of social media sites listed on the right.
Contact for INTERACT outreach work
Dept. of Physical Geography and Ecosystem Science
223 62 Lund
+46 46 222 0662